Extra Curricula Activities
Snow skiing, swimming carnivals, music productions, family nights, school expos, lunch-time clubs and activities…the list goes on and on. At Osborne Primary School we pride ourselves on providing a holistic approach to the education of our students. Although our focus is always on improving student achievement in the key curriculum areas we do offer a range of other exciting programs that assist our students to develop their interests and skills in order to facilitate personal growth.
Listed below are some examples of the programs we offer in addition to our curriculum based classroom programs.
- Ski Camp – 5 days at Mt Hotham developing the healthy life-long recreational skill of skiing.
- A whole School walkathon is held to promote being active and to fundraise for our school.
- Water Safety Program – Years 3 to 6 utilise the Mt Martha Surf Life Saving Club and life guards to run a program that encourages life-long recreational water activities such as snorkelling, swimming and paddling surf skis.
- Swimming Lessons – Foundation to Year 3 students complete a 5 day swimming developmental program at Core 24 Fitness Centre.
- School House Athletics Day – Using Ballam Park, our school records times and distances of all 10, 11 and 12 year old athletes on the Athletics Day.
- Whole School House Cross Country – All students from Foundation to Year 6 train for and compete in a cross country run at school once a year.
- Bike Ed – Years 3 and 4s participate in bike safety and bike skills in a school based program.
- Interschool sporting competitions for a broad range of sports including Girls AFL and Boys netball.
- Musical performances at assemblies and community events.
- Children’s Art Shows
- Weekly lunch-time activities including STEM club, choir, drawing club, digital sandpit, Dancercise, public speaking and more.
- Special focus days/weeks : Harmony Day, Multi-Aged Activities Day, Education Week, Nadoc Week, Footy Colours Day
- House Colours activities day held weekly – students are encouraged to wear their House polo tops on Fridays.
As part of the curriculum all students in Years 2 – 6 participate in our camping program to enjoy a camping experience at various sites throughout Victoria.
- Year 2 students attend a day camp to Somers School Camp in preparation for their camp in Year 3 at the same venue.
- Year 3 students return to Somers School Camp for a three day adventure activity camp.
- Year 4 students enjoy the facilities at Camp Munyung in Mt Eliza for a three day adventure activity camp.
- Year 5 students attend Camp Adanac in Yarra Junction for a three day adventure activity camp.
- Year 6 students attend the Urban camp in Melbourne CBD for three days.
- Ski Camp is a 5 day camp held at Mt Hotham.
- The Combined Music/Arts Camp held at the Briars is a three day camp.
Students at Osborne get many opportunities to participate in a variety of Performing Arts activities. The school has a Year 3-6 Choir and Senior Band. These groups perform regularly at school assemblies and events.
We offer individual private instrumental tuition during school hours in:
Students also have the opportunity to participate in rock bands and instrumental groups.
All instrumental students have the opportunity to perform in our annual Instrumental Concert held in Semester 2.